Saturday, December 31, 2005

Green New Year

I wish everyone a wonderful and peaceful 2006. I'm not a big believer in New Year's resolutions but I always like to take the opportunity to reflect and reassess ... and I will get back to my blog after the holidays. I am babysitting my two nieces (two and four years old) ... from Jan. 10 to 16, so I'm not sure if I'll have the energy or brain power for blogging during that time. Wish me luck! They are the sweetest girls in the universe but lots of work.

Thanks to everyone who has commented, contributed, and inspired me this last year. I was happy to see that Ardent Eden listed the things she'd accomplished this year ... I was thinking of doing the same thing myself. The last blog entry I started was entitled "Things I Hate About Being an Environmentalist" ... but I decided it wasn't really productive to share that or dive too deeply into the topic. It came on the heels of a couple very cold and cranky days and a tough bike ride with a big load of laundry on my back. Anyone who's decided to shift to a more conscientious lifestyle knows that it's not all peaches and cream. Or as a friend of mine likes to say, "It's not all Guns 'n Roses."

This has been a challenging holiday for me, trying to keep my head straight amidst the wanton consumerism and (unnecessarily) frantic pace of the season. It's supposed to be about peace, isn't it?

When you're toasting tonight, remember to drink one to our gorgeous, beloved planet, and the generations ahead who are counting on us to turn things around. Salud!

Love & Best Wishes in the New Year,
Maria (SustainableGirl)

1 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger Siel said...

What're you up to? Hope the new year's treating you kindly so far :) Hey -- Take a Starbucks Challenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home